Salvia x sylvestris 'Violet Riot' PP 26,273
Violet Riot Sage
Item #: 10370
Zones: 4a to 8a
Height: 24" tall
Culture: Sun to Part Sun
Pot Size: 3.5" pot (24 fl. oz/0.7 L) ?
Next crop available: 10/29/2021
Click Add to Wishlist to receive an email if this plant is back in stock.
(aka: Salvia x nemorosa 'Violet Riot') Salvia 'Violet Riot' is the latest breeding breakthrough from our friends at Walters Gardens...a dramatic improvement over the former industry standard, Salvia 'May Night'. The aromatic basal leaves serve as a nice foil for the 2' tall, branched flower spikes that start in early May (NC) and continue through most of the summer. The flower spikes are adorned with a multitude of small, dark violet-purple flowers, further adorned with a purple-black floral calyx. Good drainage and plenty of sun are key to growing this adaptable new sage. Compared to the industry standard, 'May Night', it has a much denser habit, a more concentrated show of color, and a neater habit in containers.
Articles About Salvia x sylvestris 'Violet Riot' PP 26,273
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Garden Plants
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden