More Information About Sun Perennials
Try full sun perennials if photons abound in your garden!
If you are looking to plant sun loving flowers in your garden, then you have found the right place. The best full sun perennial flowers here at Plant Delights are those that can take day after day of bright summer sun without fading or burning. The best full sun plants include desert plants like Agave, Delosperma, Dasylirion, Opuntia and Puya.
There are also plenty of sun loving perennials from prairies and grasslands that don't mind catching some rays either. The best sun loving plants in this category include Echinacea, Coreopsis, Phlox, Agastache and Baptisia. Similar plants come from the sandy plains regions of the east coast and include flowering perennials such as Spigelia, Conradina and Pycnothymus.
There are plenty of ornamental grasses for sun too. Some of the best full sun perennial grasses include Miscanthus, Panicum and Pennisetum.
Of course, many perennials that hail from equatorial latitudes also take full sun with ease. The best examples of these perennial flowers for sun include Cypella, Moraea, Eucomis, Scadoxus and Aloe.
There are even a few oddball perennials for sun that seem like they should be shade plants instead. The best example of this are the sun ferns which include Cheilanthes and Pellaea. And the further north you live, the more perennials for full sun you can find. For example, in the northern US, there are certain hostas for sun that when given plenty of moisture look great catching the rays.
This mini catalog of sun loving plants includes part sun perennials too. When you are ready to buy partial or full sun flowers for your garden, check out our selection of the perennial flowers full sun here at Plant Delights Nursery.
List of just the Full Sun Perennials for sale at Plant Delights Nursery
List of just the Part Sun Perennials for sale at Plant Delights Nursery
Top 10 best flowers for full sun
- Agave - succulent plants for sun
- Baptisia - US native plants for the perennial garden
- Canna - tall sun loving plants with large flowers and tropical foliage
- Crinum - tough as nails...these sun lovers will out survive you.
- Delosperma - great groundcover perennial for sun
- Echinacea - US native plant that also has medicinal uses
- Hemerocallis - Daylilies are the quintessential perennial flowers full sun
- Kniphofia - Red hot pokers look like the sun has set their flowers on fire
- Lantana plant - this sun loving flower attracts butterflies and hummingbirds
- Sedum - Stonecrop is so sun-tough that it is the most frequently used plant on green roofs
Don't forget to check out our article on sun loving flowers entitled, If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get Out of the Garden.