Plant Delights Nursery is seeking a driven and energetic student or recent graduate who is interested in working for a world-renowned mail order nursery in Raleigh, NC. Come learn with us as we rotate you through each of the nursery departments, and our through our stunning botanic garden. You will gain experience in plant identification, propagation, IPM, shipping, nursery maintenance, facilities upkeep, and face-to-face sales.
Our goal and our passion is to be one of the most unique botanic gardens in the world. In our quest for new plants, we have taken over 80 botanical expeditions and sponsored many more, both domestic and global, since 1994. We also work closely with the top plant explorers and breeders around the world to grow and evaluate the best in new ornamental plants. Few, if any, plant nurseries or botanic gardens can match the diversity of our plant collections, which currently numbers over 22,000 taxa, of which many have original provenance data.
Qualified candidates for our internship programs must have a good work ethic, a friendly personality, and be able to work well with others. Candidates must be able to pay acute attention to detail while working at a quick pace. We are seeking a team player who enjoys working in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Please send resumes with cover letters of interest with reasons why you are the ideal candidate to email@example.com.
Position Classification: Hourly (Non-Exempt) Seasonal
- Education-focused program designed to expose interested students to all aspects of operations in a truly unique mail-order retail nursery
- Exposure to on-site sales during our Summer Open Nursery and Garden
- Hands on experience tending to plants in the nursery and during rotation through the garden and research areas
- Networking opportunities with staff, volunteers, and visitors to a noteworthy horticultural establishment
- Experience the rush of being part of a team dedicated to the mission of PDN and JLBG
Grounds and Garden Assistant
Plant Delights Nursery is seeking seasonal garden and grounds assistants to work Monday–Friday. Applicants must be available to work 20-40 hours per week from March-August for Juniper Level Botanic Garden, effective by March 15th, 2017. Qualified candidates must be physically durable, have a tolerance for a wide range of outdoor weather including summer heat, have a good work ethic, a friendly personality, and be able to work well with others. Qualified candidates must be able to pay acute attention to detail while working at a fast pace. Preference will be given to applicants with horticultural or botanic garden experience. We are seeking team players who enjoy working in a friendly and fast paced environment. Send resumes with cover letters of interest with reasons why you are the ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Classification: Hourly (Non-Exempt) Seasonal, $8 / hour
- Perform horticultural maintenance in the display and research gardens including weeding, raking, and planting
- Assist with grounds maintenance, including surface water control
- Other duties as assigned
Seasonal Employment Opportunities
Plant Delights Nursery, Inc @ Juniper Level Botanic Garden hires seasonal employees every year beginning as early as March. Seasonal positions are short-term positions that last anywhere from four to nine months. Occasional week-end work is required.
- Do you enjoy plants and the outdoors?
- Do you have a sunny disposition?
- Are you energetic, flexible, and outgoing?
- Not afraid of physical work or getting dirty? Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, occasionally lift heavy items, and be outside for extended periods of time in varying weather, including summer heat.
- Can you work Monday–Friday and the occasional week-end an average of 25–40 hours per week? Must be flexible as hours will vary week to week.
- Plant knowledge is helpful but not required.
- Ability to work outdoors as part of a group as well as independently.
- Ability to pay acute attention to detail
- Great work ethic
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Order Fulfillment (stocking, pulling, and packing plant orders)
- Care and upkeep of containerized perennial plants
- Retail sales and customer service (during Open Nursery and Garden week-ends)
Position Pay Rate: $8.00 hourly
Please email email@example.com for more information on 2016 Seasonal Employment Opportunities and how to apply.