Photo by taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Salvia greggii 'Pink Preference'
Pink Preference Texas Sage
Item #: 5042
Zones: 6a to 10b
Height: 24" tall
Culture: Sun to Part Sun ?
Origin: United States
Pot Size: 3.5" pot (24 fl. oz/0.7 L) ?
Salvia 'Pink Preference', a superb selection of the durable, deer-resistant, hummingbird-attracting Salvia greggii, came to us from the late Logan Calhoun, after being grown for decades throughout central Texas. The 2' tall x 3' wide, woody clump is topped with dark, red-pink (RHS 57A) flowers highlighted by a nearly black floral calyx. For us, the heaviest flowering is during spring and fall months, although it still puts on a good show during summer. As with all Salvia greggiis, a dry, well-drained site is best. This is also one of the most winter hardy of all the Salvia greggii varieties.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Garden Plants
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
Flower Color: Pink
Container Role: Fillers
Other: Fragrant Foliage Plants , Butterfly Attracting Plants , Deer Resistant Plants , Drought Tolerant Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Medicinal Plants , North American Native Plants , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Texas native plants , Xeriscaping Plants , United States Native Plants