Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Canna x generalis 'Wine and Roses'
Wine and Roses Canna Lily
Item #: 10520
Zones: 7b to 10b, at least
Height: 42" tall
Culture: Sun ?
Pot Size: 3 qt. (2.8 L) ?
Canna 'Wine and Roses' is another winner from former canna breeder Kent Kelly that always draws raves during our summer Open Garden Days. This compact grower forms a dense 3.5' tall clump of dusty purple leaves, topped in summer with stalks of bright salmon-pink flowers that rise just above the foliage. Plant one and enjoy those days of wine and roses in your own garden.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing Canna Lilies in Your Garden
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants
Flower Color: Pink
Leaf Color: Purple/Lavender
Bloom Time: Summer
Container Role: Thrillers
Other: Bog Garden Plants , Cut Flower Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Ornamental Seed or Fruit , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Rain Garden Plants , Tropical Looking Plants , Colored Foliage , Patterned Foliage