Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Canna x generalis 'Phasion'
Tropicanna Canna Lily
Item #: 2456
Zones: 7b to 10b
Height: 84" tall
(Plant Patent 10,569 Expired) Canna 'Phasion', better known as Tropicanna canna lily, is an incredible introduction from Jan Potgeither of South Africa and is the epitome of "shock gardening." Canna 'Phasion' is a sport of the ever-popular Canna 'Wyoming'. Even without flowers you would surely grow Canna 'Phasion' for the foliage...purple with dramatic stripes of yellow and red evenly spaced throughout the leaf. Atop the 7' tall stems throughout the summer are wonderfully gaudy, shocking orange flowers...indeed, Tropicanna canna is the Howard Stern of the plant world...guaranteed to get your friends talking and the hummingbirds darting!
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing Canna Lilies in Your Garden
- The Top Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants
Flower Color: Orange/Peach
Leaf Color: Purple/Lavender , Variegated
Container Role: Thrillers
Garden Themes: Cottage Garden Plants
Other: Bog Garden Plants , Butterfly Attracting Plants , Edimentals , Cut Flower Plants , Giant Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Rain Garden Plants , RHS Award of Merit Winners , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Tropical Looking Plants , Colored Foliage , Patterned Foliage , Tony's Favorites