Canna x generalis 'Minerva'
Yellow Flowered Variegated Canna Lily
Item #: 1194
Zones: 7a to 10b
Height: 60" tall
To be alerted when this plant is back in stock, log in and add it to your wishlist. You will receive an email when it is available.
(aka: Canna 'Nirvana' or Canna 'Striped Beauty') This old hybrid is still one of the most popular of the variegated cannas today. Canna 'Minerva' makes a 5' tall stalk with brilliant white and green striped leaves. This vigorously multiplying canna is topped off all summer with unique red flower buds that open to large, butter-yellow flowers with a white central stripe down the middle of each petal. When Canna 'Minerva' is fed well and kept moist, it is indeed a fantastic garden plant...a hummingbird fiesta. Canna 'Minerva' was named as one of the top 200 plants of the last 200 years by the Royal Horticultural Society...quite an honor.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing and Caring for Canna Lilies
- The Top Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants
Flower Color: Yellow/Gold
Container Role: Thrillers
Garden Themes: Cottage Garden Plants
Other: Bog Garden Plants , Butterfly Attracting Plants , Edimentals , Cut Flower Plants , Giant Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Rain Garden Plants , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Tropical Looking Plants , Colored Foliage , Patterned Foliage