Salvia x sylvestris 'Wrong Night'
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Salvia
Item #: 2368
Zones: 5a to 8b
Height: 12" tall
This hybrid sage was the Perennial Plant Association plant of the year in 1997 under the name S. 'May Night'. Unfortunately, almost all of the plants sold were not S. 'May Night', but were instead this wonderful, but unnamed sage that we call S. 'Wrong Night'. In spring, the quilted flat green leaves make a rosette, from which 1' tall spikes of dark blue flowers are borne from early spring until early summer, then picking up again when the weather cools. In climates with cooler summers, flowering may continue longer.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants?
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Plants