Salvia 'Silke's Dream'
Silke's Dream Sage
Item #: 4442
Zones: 7a to 10b, possibly colder
Height: 24" tall
To be alerted when this plant is back in stock, log in and add it to your wishlist. You will receive an email when it is available.
Salvia 'Silke's Dream' is a cross of Salvia darcyi x Salvia microphylla, discovered by Art Petley of Austin, Texas. Looking superficially like Salvia microphylla, the 2' tall x 3' wide clump is topped all summer and until frost with 15" spikes of rich, dark orange-red (RHS 42A) flowers. In fall, the remarkable number of flowers explodes into a solid mass of color...a hummingbird party plant. Salvia 'Silke's Dream' is a particularly durable and easy-to-grow sage that is destined for stardom. Thanks to Scott Ogden for sharing this exciting salvia hybrid that we admired in his Texas garden during a 2000 visit.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- The Top Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants?
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Plants
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Hummingbirds in the Garden
Leaf Color: Green
Container Role: Fillers
Other: Fragrant Foliage Plants , Butterfly Attracting Plants , Cut Flower Plants , Deer Resistant Plants , Drought Tolerant Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Medicinal Plants , North American Native Plants , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Texas Native Plants , Xeriscaping Plants