Photo by PlantHaven taken at California Gdn, CA
Salvia leucantha 'Santa Barbara'
Santa Barbara Dwarf Mexican Sage
Item #: 3841
Zones: 8a to 10b, possibly colder
Height: 24" tall
Culture: Sun ?
Pot Size: 3.5" pot (24 fl. oz/0.7 L) ?
(USPP 12,949 expired) This amazing Salvia leucantha selection from California is a breakthrough in the world of salvias. Imagine a wonderful fall-flowering Salvia leucantha that only reaches 2' tall, but with a spread of 3-4' in width, and you have Salvia 'Santa Barbara'. Whether used as a hardy perennial in the milder zones or as a tender or container perennial in the North, the clumps of Salvia 'Santa Barbara' are topped with spikes of fuzzy purple with a nicely contrasting lighter purple lip, from mid-September until frost...a simply dazzling hummingbird delight.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Garden Plants
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
Flower Color: Purple/Lavender
Leaf Color: Green
Bloom Time: Fall
Container Role: Fillers
Other: Butterfly Attracting Plants , Cut Flower Plants , Deer Resistant Plants , Drought Tolerant Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Medicinal Plants , North American Native Plants , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Xeriscaping Plants