Hosta ventricosa 'Aureomaculata'
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Hosta
Write a review
| Ask a Question
Item #: 429
Zones: 3a to 9b
Height: 20" tall
Culture: Part Sun to Light Shade ?
Pot Size: 3.5" pot (24 fl. oz/0.7 L) ?
This selection of H. ventricosa is similar to the green leaf species, except that the foliage emerges in spring with a dramatically striking pattern of gold, chartreuse, and green in the leaf center. As hot weather arrives, the pigments fade and the leaf turns solid green. The 2' wide clumps are topped with 26" scapes of dark lavender and white striped flowers in midsummer.
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Gardening in the Shade
- Hosta Breeders and Other Strangers
- Hosta Hosta Hosta
- Hostas for Warm Climates
- Hostas - The Fragrant Kind
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Hosta Introductions and Breeding by Paul Aden
- Hosta Breeding Program at Plant Delights Nursery
- Soils and Garden Soil Preparation
- Hosta Myths - Tony's Top Ten
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- The Myth of Hosta Originator's Stock