Hosta rectifolia 'Mito-no-hana'
Tenjin Yama Bunen - NR
Item #: 10465
Zones: 3a to 8b
Height: 15" tall
To be alerted when this plant is back in stock, log in and add it to your wishlist. You will receive an email when it is available.
Hosta 'Mito-no-hana' is one of the most highly coveted hostas in the world, so we were thrilled to offer it in limited quantities for the first time in 2022. This eye-popping selection of the Japanese Hosta rectifolia comes from Japan's Tenjin Yama Bunen Nursery in Mito City. Hosta 'Mito-no-hana' forms a spectacular 15" tall x 2' wide clump of oblong green leaves with screaming yellow veins. The color of the veins gradually diminishes with summer heat, but returns each spring, or in the fall, if plants are cut to the ground in summer and allowed to re-flush. The clumps are topped with 30" spikes of dark lavender flowers. The best leaf coloration comes in open shade or with a couple of hours of morning sun. Do not grow this in deep shade or you'll just have another green hosta.
- The Top Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Gardening in the Shade
- Hosta Breeders and Other Strangers
- Hosta, Hosta, Hosta
- Hostas for Warm Climates
- Hostas - The Fragrant Kind
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Hosta Introductions and Breeding by Paul Aden
- Hosta Breeding Program at Plant Delights Nursery
- Soils and Garden Soil Preparation
- Hosta Myths - Tony's Top Ten
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- The Myth of Hosta Originator's Stock
Flower Color: Purple/Lavender
Bloom Time: Summer
Other: Bog Garden Plants , Butterfly Attracting Plants , Edimentals , Groundcovers , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Medicinal Plants , Plants from Japan , Plants that Attract Birds , Rain Garden Plants , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Wet Shade Plants , Colored Foliage , Patterned Foliage , Tony's Favorites