Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Hosta 'Komodo Dragon'
M. Seaver NR
Item #: 2551
Zones: 3a to 8b
Height: 30" tall
Culture: Light Shade ?
Pot Size: 3 qt. (2.8 L) ?
Hosta 'Komodo Dragon' is an introduction from the late Mildred Seaver that makes a stunner of a clump! The heavily-rippled, dark green, pointed leaves stretch outward to form an impressive, upright, 7' wide Hosta fluctuans-like clump. Don't plant Hosta 'Komodo Dragon' unless you have plenty of room. The giant clumps are laden with light lavender flowers on 4' tall scapes in midsummer...a hummingbird magnet.
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Gardening in the Shade
- Hosta Breeders and Other Strangers
- Hosta Hosta Hosta
- Hostas for Warm Climates
- Hostas - The Fragrant Kind
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Hosta Introductions and Breeding by Paul Aden
- Hosta Breeding Program at Plant Delights Nursery
- Soils and Garden Soil Preparation
- Hosta Myths - Tony's Top Ten
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- The Myth of Hosta Originator's Stock
Flower Color: Purple/Lavender
Bloom Time: Summer
Container Role: Thrillers
Other: Butterfly Attracting Plants , Edimentals , Dry Shade Plants , Giant Plants , Groundcovers , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Plants Named After Animals , Plants that Attract Birds , Rain Garden Plants , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Wet Shade Plants , Colored Foliage