Photo by H. Hansen taken at H. Gowen Gdn, MN
Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
P. Aden NR
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Hosta
Item #: 1660
Zones: 3a to 8b
Height: 10" tall
Culture: Part Sun to Light Shade ?
Pot Size: 2 qt. (1.9 L) ?
This is probably the most mysterious hosta to ever exist... rumored to be a product of experimental radiation! Its price reflects the ineffectiveness of tissue culture in reproducing this plant. H. 'Embroidery' (a H. hypoleuca derivative) makes a small clump to 20" wide. Each shiny green leaf emerges in spring with a creamy white center and a fabulous "stitched" edge. The center coloration and some of the exaggerated stitching fades in warm weather. In early summer, the clump is topped with arching stalks of very light lavender flowers... only for the serious collector!
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Gardening in the Shade
- Hosta Breeders and Other Strangers
- Hosta Hosta Hosta
- Hostas for Warm Climates
- Hostas - The Fragrant Kind
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Hosta Introductions and Breeding by Paul Aden
- Hosta Breeding Program at Plant Delights Nursery
- Soils and Garden Soil Preparation
- Hosta Myths - Tony's Top Ten
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- The Myth of Hosta Originator's Stock