Golden Canna Lily
Item #: 9581
Zones: 8a to 10b, at least
Height: 48" tall
Origin: United States
Pot Size: 2 qt. (1.9 L) ?
Most folks don't think of canna lilies as North American native plants, but adjust your thinking caps for Canna flaccida. This native plant of the Southeast US can be found growing in coastal swamps from South Carolina west to Texas. Canna flaccida looks like a typical canna lily, with 4' tall stalks of green leaves, topped with clusters of bright, butter-yellow flowers from late spring until fall. While moist soils are preferred, they certainly aren't necessary for Canna flaccida to succeed.
Articles About Canna flaccida
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing Canna Lilies in Your Garden
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How do I overwinter my hardy tropical plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
Other Gardeners Loved These Great Plants Too
Thank you and Happy Gardening!