Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Salvia 'Scarlet Spires'
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Salvia
Write a review
| 1 answered question
Item #: 8062
Zones: 8b to 10b, at least
Height: 36" tall
Pot Size: 3.5" pot (24 fl. oz/0.7 L)
This new salvia comes from David Salman at High Country Gardens, who discovered this seedling of S. darcyi x S. 'Raspberry Delight' in his garden. This rapid grower makes a huge 3' tall x 6' wide clump of upright stems in one season, clothed in nose-clearingly fragrant, small deltoid-shaped, light green leaves. The clumps are topped from early summer until fall with a stunning, unrelenting floral display of brick-red (RHS 42A) flowers. The flower color is one shade lighter than the parent S. darcyi and several shades darker than its cousin, S. 'Silke's Dream'.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants?
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Plants
Other: Butterfly Attracting Plants , Deer Resistant Plants , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Rain Garden Plants