Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Salvia microphylla 'Wild Watermelon'
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Salvia
Item #: 2017
Zones: 7a to 9a, possibly colder
Height: 24" tall
This 1996 Rich Dufresne introduction is one of the most impressive salvias that we have trialed. S. 'Wild Watermelon' is a seedling of S. microphylla selected by Rich during a visit to the Strybing Arboretum. This very hardy selection is a vigorous grower with gigantic pink (RHS 66B) flowers in both spring and fall, and sporadically during midsummer.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants?
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Plants