Salvia 'Cherry Chief'
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Salvia
Write a review
| Ask a Question
Item #: 2635
Zones: 7a to 10b, probably colder
Height: 36" tall
This 1987 Rich Dufresne introduction is probably a cross between S. 'Furman's Red' and S. microphylla. The erect bush like habit to 3' wide is clothed with 1" narrow green leaves. Flowering begins in late spring with bright red flowers and continues thru summer and into the fall. This is one of the best of the summer blooming S. greggii/S. microphylla hybrids.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants?
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Plants