Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Canna x generalis 'Stuttgart'
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Canna
Item #: 1972
Zones: 7b to 10b
Height: 84" tall
Here's another vigorously growing variegated canna everyone is talking about. This German introduction was discovered and named by the late Bob Hayes of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. The bold, green-and-white blocked patterns on the foliage make this a stunning centerpiece in any landscape. The white portions of the foliage tend to burn in sun, so we recommend light shade and plenty of moisture. In late summer, the plants are topped with inconspicuous, small peachy flowers...WOW!!! We have been told adding extra magnesium (Epsom salts) to the soil will help prevent the foliage burning...we will see.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing and Caring for Canna Lilies
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants