Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Canna x generalis 'Red Futurity'
Red Futurity Canna Lily
Item #: 11643
Zones: 7b to 10b
Height: 54" tall
Canna 'Red Futurity', from our friend and former canna breeder Kent Kelly, has been a standout in our canna trials. The 4' tall purple stalks are clothed with 18" long, dark purple leaves. During the summer months, the clumps are topped with stalks of brilliant red flowers that rise 6" above the foliage. Rich, moist soils are needed to achieve the full height.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing Canna Lilies in Your Garden
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants
Flower Color: Red
Leaf Color: Purple/Lavender
Bloom Time: Summer
Container Role: Thrillers
Other: Bog Garden Plants , Cut flower plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Ornamental Seed or Fruit , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Rain Garden Plants , Tropical Looking Plants , Colored Foliage