Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Canna x generalis 'Mactro' PP 13,809
Tropicanna Gold tm
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Canna
Write a review
| Ask a Question
Item #: 5378
Zones: 7b to 10b
Height: 50" tall
Yes, it's another new canna from the folks at Anthony Tesselaar...reportedly a Canna 'Phaison' seedling from the breeding of New Zealand's Neil MacCormick. In appearance, it is similar to Canna 'Bengal Tiger' with bright yellow-and-green striped leaves. The bright, luscious foliage makes a sturdy 4-5' tall clump, topped from midsummer until fall with flower spikes of large, bright orange flowers, each with a yellow border. Another difference from C. 'Bengal Tiger' is that the flower stalk is creamy white as compared to red in C. 'Bengal Tiger'.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing and Caring for Canna Lilies
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants