Photo by taken at Glasshouse Works, OH
Canna x generalis 'Durban'
Red Flowered Variegated Canna
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Canna
Write a review
| 1 answered question
Item #: 2027
Zones: 7b to 10b, guessing
Height: 50" tall
Origin: South Africa
This is one of the new wave of variegated leaf cannas. The reddish purple leaf is dramatically striped with yellow veins. In addition to the dramatic foliage, the plant is topped from late spring through late summer with stalks of large brilliant scarlet-red flowers for a combination that would make even the most flamboyant designer blush. C. 'Durban' makes a great garden plant but does not multiply as fast as the other variegated leaf types.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing and Caring for Canna Lilies
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants