Canna x generalis 'Cleopatra'
Schizophrenic Canna Lily
This plant is not currently for sale. This is an archive page preserved for informational use.Shop Available Canna
Item #: 2399
Zones: 7b to 10b
Height: 50" tall
We couldn't believe our eyes when they fell upon this canna at the Kunming Botanic Garden in China in 1996. Large purple blotches wove their way through the green leaves and into the flower stalks. If the flowers form on the purple leaf side, they are red and from the green side of the leaf, they are yellow...sometimes from both...you get the picture. This unstable and highly variable chimera turned out to be an old but hard-to-find cultivar called Canna 'Cleopatra'. We think it is time for a reintroduction of this fascinating attention-getter. Remove all solid shoots to maintain the pattern.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing and Caring for Canna Lilies
- The Top Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through the Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants
Bloom Time: Summer
Garden Themes: Cottage Garden Plants
Other: Edimentals , Cut Flower Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Ornamental Seed or Fruit , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Rain Garden Plants , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Tropical Looking Plants