Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Canna x generalis 'Blueberry Sparkler'
Blueberry Sparkler Canna Lily
Item #: 5200
Zones: 7b to 10b
Height: 72" tall
Canna 'Blueberry Sparkler' is a recent canna lily hybrid from plant breeder Brian Williams. A star in our trials, Canna 'Blueberry Sparkler' has dusky purple foliage similar to Canna 'Intrigue'. It forms a sturdy 6' tall clump that's topped all summer with spikes of fleshy pink flowers. As with all canna, moist, rich soil during the growing season is the key to nice, attractive canna lilies.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing Canna Lilies in Your Garden
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How Do I Overwinter My Hardy Tropical Plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants
Flower Color: Pink
Leaf Color: Purple/Lavender
Bloom Time: Summer
Container Role: Thrillers
Garden Themes: Cottage Garden Plants
Other: Bog Garden Plants , Butterfly Attracting Plants , Edimentals , Cut Flower Plants , Giant Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Ornamental Seed or Fruit , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Rain Garden Plants , Salt Tolerant Seaside Plants , Tropical Looking Plants , Colored Foliage