Tama-Tulipa Canna Lily
Item #: 9773
Zones: 7b to 10b, at least
Height: 96" tall
Origin: Hybrid, Mexico
Pot Size: 3 qt. (2.8 L) ?
(aka: Canna D12-75) Our friends at Yucca Do Nursery discovered this amazing natural North American canna hybrid (Canna glauca x Canna indica) in 2001 along a stream in the northern Mexican mountains. Canna 'Tama-Tulipa' is a giant in the garden, reaching 8' tall for us. Because of the Canna glauca background, it's quite stoloniferous, forming a large 10' wide patch in 3-5 years...especially in rich, moist soils. The glaucous-green leafed clumps are topped in summer with small, but dazzling brilliant red flowers, surrounded by a bright yellow border...very cool!
Articles About Canna 'Tama-Tulipa'
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing Canna Lilies in Your Garden
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How do I overwinter my hardy tropical plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants