Request a Visit to Juniper Level Botanic Garden and Plant Delights Nursery
All visits and tours must be scheduled in advance. No exceptions. Please fill out the visitor / tour request form below or call 919-772-4794 x19 to schedule a visit.
- There is no charge for garden tours, but we ask groups to remember our botanic garden (staff included) is funded by sales from the nursery at the rate of 10% of gross sales.
- Please understand it takes staff time to arrange your visit, show you the gardens, and answer plant questions. So, if you feel your tour was worth $200, then a $2,000 group purchase of plants would ensure that $200 (10% of gross sales) goes to maintain, preserve, and support our research at the botanic garden.
- Group tours usually include a staff introduction, a brief walk if time permits, garden maps, and a catalog.
- Free parking is available on the property (includes handicap spaces)
- Most of the nursery and gardens is handicap accessible
- If you are one of those fragrantly-endowed people that skeeters just seem to adore, please bring your preferred bug repellent for summertime walks through our woodland and bog garden.
- No pets are welcomed, nor are misbehaving children. Many of the plants in the garden are one-of-a-kind, and we don’t take kindly to their abuse by visitors. The gardens are not a playground so running in the garden and walking into the bed areas are not permitted.
- We provide portable restroom facilities for our garden and nursery visitors, although we promise that they will not be portable while being used.
- Vending machines are available with a variety of soft drinks, fruit drinks, and water. We do not have food on-site, but will be glad to direct you to nearby restaurants.
- As much as we might like to think that humans have control over the weather, we have not found this to be the case. In the summers, you can often expect daytime temperatures in the 90s and 100s, with high humidity, so dress accordingly. Rain showers are always a possibility, so keep those umbrellas and rain coats handy. We always have a few extra umbrellas, so if you get caught without one, don't hesitate to ask.
Open Nursery and Garden Days (no appointment necessary)
We have four open nursery and garden events each year. Our open sale days are limited to eight weekends per year, two each in winter (Feb/March), spring (May), summer (July) and fall (September). During the open nursery and garden days, anyone may visit during the posted hours without an appointment. You will be able to stroll through the gardens, shop til-you-drop, and ask questions of our expert staff.
Visiting Other Times
- Before spring open nursery days, we schedule visitors with appointments to visit Juniper Level Botanic Garden, but the sales areas are closed. There are no on-site sales during this time. This is because many of the plants in our sales areas are already paid for by folks in northern climates who have not yet had their orders shipped.
- If you would like to pick-up your order instead of having it shipped, please let us know when you place your order ... either on-line or via phone/fax/mail. Plant pickups can only be scheduled during the week or on an open house nursery day. Allow a minimum of 48 hours.
- We only schedule visitors during the week, Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm
Visitor Scheduling Classifications
|Gardeners who likes pretty flowers||30–60 minutes depending on weather|
|Gardeners with ADHD children or impatient spouse||45–60 minutes, forget shopping|
|Garden club members who don't use those pesky Latin names||60–90 minutes including shopping|
|Gardeners with normal children (leashed or garden-trained) or patient spouse||75–90 minutes, quick shopping|
|Beginning master gardeners||1.5–2 hours including shopping|
|Advanced master gardeners or equivalent, wholesale nurserymen||2–3 hours including shopping|
|Plantsmen/women, specialty nursery staff||3–5 hours including shopping|
|Plant nerds with no social life||3–10 hours not including shopping|
|Professional garden photographers||24–48 hours|
Please fill out the following information so we can better accommodate your visit: *required