2022 Southeastern Plant Symposium
Hosted by the JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden
Presented by Proven Winners ColorChoice Flowering Shrubs
We are currently planning to host the 2022 Southeastern Plant Symposium in person. The Southeastern Plant Symposium will be two days of incredible, intense programs for plant lovers.
The accompanying rare plant auction has already reached legend status among plantsmen/women!
- Friday, June 10, 2022 – 9:00 am–4:30 pm
- Friday, June 10, 2022 – 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Saturday, June 11, 2022 – 9:00 am–4:45 pm
Read more about the speakers on JLBG's blog: Calling All Plant Nerds
Friday, June 10
Eleftherios Dariotis (Liberto Dario on Facebook), Horticulturist
Adam Black, Assistant Curator and Head of Propagation, Bartlett Tree Research Laboratories and Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens
Dan Hinkley, Plantsman and Owner, Windcliff and Director Emeritus, Heronswood
Patrick McMillan, Ph.D., Horticultural Manager, Juniper Level Botanic Garden
Kelly D. Norris, Gardener, Curator, Artist, and Owner, Three Oaks Garden
Peter Zale, Ph.D., Associate Director of Conservation, Plant Breeding, and Collections, Longwood Gardens
Saturday, June 11
Tony Avent, Co-owner, Juniper Level Botanic Garden and Plant Delights Nursery
Ian Caton, Co-owner, Wood Thrush Natives
Shannon Currey, Marketing Manager, Hoffman Nursery
Richard Hawke, Plant Evaluation Manager, Chicago Botanic Garden
Hayes Jackson, Director of Longleaf Botanical Garden and Urban Regional Extension Agent, Alabama A&M University
Adrienne Roethling, Director of Curation and Mission Delivery, Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden
The host hotel for the Southeastern Plant Symposium is the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. The Sheraton is located at 421 South Salisbury Street.
- Located in downtown Raleigh
- Onsite cafe and restaurant
- Indoor, modern fitness center
- Within walking distance of restaurants, breweries, amphitheaters, and museums
- Within walking distance of a few R-LINE bus stops – the R-LINE is Raleigh's free circulator bus service with destinations throughout much of downtown
Book Your Room
To make your reservation, please visit Sheraton Raleigh Hotel's Web site. The host hotel is located at 421 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. When making a reservation please mention "North Carolina State University Southeastern Plant Symposium." Please note that our group rate expires on Tuesday, May 12.
- Early: $250.00 (ends Sunday, May 29); late registration: $300.00 (starts, Monday, May 30); and $80.00 for optional Friday dinner and evening presentation.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online through the JCRA website (in-person program and online program). Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, 421 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this symposium.
If you can't make it to the 2022 Southeastern Plant Symposium, we hope you will consider visiting Juniper Level Botanic Garden during one of our Open Nursery & Garden events.