Hosted by the JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden
We are pleased to announce that we will hold the Second Annual Southeastern Plant Symposium online via a Zoom Conference on Friday, June 12, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The symposium is a horticultural immersion event for plant lovers, keen gardeners/plant collectors, botanic garden staff, and green industry members.
This will still follow the fast-paced, plant-centric symposium format with six of our best speakers! Due to the online format, we reduced the cost of attendance to $50, so we hope you can join us.
We will also still be holding our Rare Plant Auction, via ClickBid, an online-only auction platform (link will be sent out prior to the event). There are more than 100 interesting and rare perennials, trees and shrubs well-suited to the Southeast. The Auction opens on Tuesday, June 9. You will need a credit card to register for the auction.
All proceeds from the Symposium go to fund the operations and operational endowments of the JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden.
- 10:00 AM - Gather and introductions
- 10:15 AM - "Things That Turn Me On - Confessions of a Plant Freak" - Nick Macer, Pan-global Plants
- 10:45 AM - Break
- 10:50 AM - "High and Dry - The Wonderful, Wild, World of Crevice Gardening" - Tony Avent, Plant Delights Nursery and Juniper Level Botanic Garden
- 11:20 AM - Break
- 11:30 AM - "The Land of Ahs" - Jimmy Turner, Red Butte Garden
- 12:00 PM - Lunch break and tour of the JC Raulston Arboretum with Mark Weathington
- 12:30 PM - "Plantdemic in the Far Reaches" - Kelly Dodson and Sue Milliken, Far Reaches Farm and Far Reaches Botanical Conservancy
- 1:00 PM - Break
- 1:05 PM - "A Morning Walk-through of Gardens of Windcliff" - Dan Hinkley, Gardens of Windcliff and Heronswood
- 1:35 PM - Break
- 1:45 PM - "Breeding of the Beautiful Royal Hawaiian Collection of Colocasia" - John Cho, Ph.D, University of Hawaii
- 2:15 PM - Q&A
- 3:00 PM - Auction ends and Symposium concludes
For more information about the talks and speakers, please visit: https://jcra.ncsu.edu/events/details.php?ID=1700
The fabulous line-up we’d originally scheduled will be shifted over to the 2021 Southeastern Plant Symposium.
Registration: Advance registration is required. Online registration opens soon and is considered complete when payment is received.
Cancellation: Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
Location: Online via Zoom. Instructions will be provided by e-mail.
Questions: For more information or if you have any questions, please email Amanda Wilkins (email@example.com).