Photo by JLBG taken at Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC
Salvia greggii 'California Sunset'
California Sunset Sage
Item #: 5952
Zones: 7b to 9b, at least
Height: 36" tall
Culture: Sun ?
Pot Size: 3.5" pot (24 fl. oz/0.7 L) ?
We picked up this Salvia greggii hybrid in California under the incorrect name of Salvia macellaria. It turned out to be a splendid Salvia greggii hybrid (probably Salvia x jamensis) that forms a 3' tall x 4' wide, woody-stemmed, deer-resistant, hummingbird-acclaimed clump, topped in spring and again in fall with a superb show of flower spikes of an unusual peachy-orange (RHS 31B) that extend just above the foliage.
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Dear Deer - We're Closed for Dinner
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- Perennial Salvia Plants - Ornamental Sages for the Garden
- Name that Plant - The Misuse of Trademarks in Horticulture
- When Should I Plant My Plants
- The Top 6 Coolest Blue Salvia for the Garden
- The Top 25 Butterfly Garden Plants
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
Flower Color: Orange/Peach
Other: Fragrant Foliage Plants , Butterfly Attracting Plants , Deer Resistant Plants , Drought Tolerant Plants , Hummingbird Plants , Pollinator Plants , Medicinal Plants , North American Native Plants , Plants that Attract Birds , Rabbit Resistant Plants , Texas native plants , Xeriscaping Plants