Hosta 'Mount Everest'
J. Dishon 96
Item #: 14877
Zones: 3a to 8b
Height: 16" tall
Culture: Part Sun to Light Shade
Pot Size: 3 qt. (2.8 L) ?
Click Add to Wishlist to receive an email if this plant is back in stock.
Named after the world's highest mountain above sea level, Hosta 'Mount Everest' is also a crowning achievement from Michigan hosta breeder Jim Dishon. This 1996 introduction of a cross of Hosta 'Sea Prize' x Hosta montana is one of the fastest-growing, most prolific hostas we grow, producing a lovely 16" tall x 3' wide specimen with large angular leaves of medium green, edged with a wide border that emerges yellow and ages to cream. In mid-summer, the clumps are topped with very tall spikes of light lavender flowers.
Articles About Hosta 'Mount Everest'
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- Gardening in the Shade
- Hosta Breeders and Other Strangers
- Hosta Hosta Hosta
- Hostas for Warm Climates
- Hostas - The Fragrant Kind
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Hosta Introductions and Breeding by Paul Aden
- Hosta Breeding Program at Plant Delights Nursery
- Soils and Garden Soil Preparation
- Hosta Myths - Tony's Top Ten
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- The Myth of Hosta Originator's Stock