Canna x generalis 'Australia'
Australia Canna Lily
Item #: 2707
Zones: 7b to 10b
Height: 60" tall
Culture: Sun to Part Sun
Pot Size: 3 qt. (2.8 L) ?
(aka: Canna 'Feuerzauber') We've grown a lot of purple-foliaged cannas but never anything like this. The deep burgundy-black, tropical-looking foliage of Canna 'Australia' has a satin-like sheen and the intense color holds superbly during the summer heat. The foliage of Canna 'Australia' rises to 4-5', topped with a magnificent display of large, shocking red flowers...a true stunner and hummingbird magnet. Thanks to canna guru Johnnie Johnson for sharing this coveted gem he first brought into the US from New Zealand.
Articles About Canna x generalis 'Australia'
- How to Build a Pitcher Plant Bog
- Canna, Canna, Canna - Growing Canna Lilies in Your Garden
- The Top 80 Hummingbird Attracting Plants for Your Garden
- How do I overwinter my hardy tropical plants?
- Leaves that Light Up the Garden - Variegated Plants
- Cutting Through The Jungle - Native Plants Myths and Realities
- How to Build a Butterfly Garden
- Add Some Color to Your Garden with Purple Leaf Plants